Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
How Can Veneers Help My Smile?
Porcelain veneers can give you the smile you've always wanted. Veneers are ultra-thin, custom-made shells that are placed over the front part of the teeth. Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel Cappiello of Mclean Dental Care, which is located in McLean, VA, offer veneers to their patients. Read on to find out how veneers can help your smile.
1. Whiten Your Smile- Tobacco use, certain medications, and pigments from certain foods and beverages can cause stains on your teeth. Porcelain veneers can give you the bright-white smile you've always wanted. Unlike, tooth enamel, dental veneers resist stains remarkably well.
2. Close Tooth Gaps- A diastema is a gap between the teeth. This condition affects people of all ages. These spaces can form anywhere in the mouth. Porcelain veneers are routinely used to close gaps between teeth. These porcelain shells fit over the surface of your teeth to create an evenly-spaced smile.
3. Restore Chipped Teeth- Porcelain veneers are used to restore teeth that are chipped, cracked, or broken. They can cover them and restore their appearance and function. A porcelain veneer covers the front of the tooth with a thicker section to replace the broken part of the tooth.
4. Strengthen Teeth- Porcelain veneers are incredibly strong and durable. They provide strength comparable to tooth enamel. Veneers can protect and strengthen your worn-down teeth. This is possible due to the durable material that composes veneers as they cover your teeth.
Ready for a smile makeover? Start your journey today! Call Mclean Dental Care at (703) 734-0100 today to schedule a dental consultation in McLean, VA. Veneers have helped millions of people improve their smiles, boosting their self-esteem, and changing their lives. And they can do the same for you!
Want a more beautiful smile?
Your McLean, VA, dentists, Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel Cappiello, have a great solution that's both cost-effective and time-saving. If you're interested in finding out more about veneers and how they can help you, then you've come to the right place!
What's the process like?
Veneers are porcelain shells that have color stability, which means they are resistant to staining.
This is what the process is like:
- The dentist will examine your teeth and make sure you have no severe issues, like cavities, that may need to be treated first. Then they will assess whether veneers are right for you.
- If you're a good fit, the doctor will first have a “wax up” prepared by the lab on models of your teeth to use as a guide for the restoration. This is a permanent procedure, so make sure veneers are something you are comfortable with. The enamel is then prepared so the veneers align properly with the rest of your natural teeth or other veneers that will be installed as well. You will leave the office with temporary veneers in place and will get the permanent veneers in about two weeks.
Who needs veneers?
Think of veneers as a resurfacing process. Your McLean doctor eliminates the flaws ruining your smile. Here are some examples of what veneers can cover:
- Dents, grooves, cracks and fractures found on the surface of your teeth that may have been caused by injury or wear, for example.
- Slight gaps, overcrowdedness, and crooked and misshaped teeth can be fixed. These issues can simply be hereditary, but cause issues with bite and chewing function.
- Discoloration and stains can be removed to give you a brighter smile. Discoloration could be due to age or other factors like smoking or drinking tea and coffee.
How to care for veneers?
Porcelain veneers are strong, but it's important to take proper care of them. Brushing and flossing are essential, and don't skip your bi-yearly exam with your doctor.
Veneers are a great way to improve the appearance of your smile, so call your McLean, VA, dentist today!
Veneers are a cosmetic dental solution that has greatly increased in popularity over the past 10 years. They can completely transform your smile no matter your cosmetic issue—even if other treatments haven’t worked. You will be amazed by the results your dentist can achieve with veneers in just a few simple appointments at McLean Dental Care.
What Exactly Are Veneers?
Veneers are a way of restoring the outer surfaces of the teeth so that they look smoother, whiter and are ideally shaped. They are small wafer-like coverings that are custom-designed and placed over individual teeth. When they are secured in place, they can be shaped and contoured as needed to give you a natural smile. The goal is to make the teeth look similar in shape, color and size. Veneers also cover up small unwanted gaps in the teeth.
A New Smile with Veneers
It doesn’t matter how damaged, worn or discolored your teeth appear on the outside—as long as they are healthy and firmly rooted, veneers can give you a brand new smile. Patients who have intrinsic discoloration that can’t be fixed with whitening gels (commonly caused by certain medications) often benefit from veneers. Patients who have teeth that are too small or that protrude can also achieve a more attractive smile with veneers designed by a McLean cosmetic dentist.
The Process of Getting Veneers
You may be surprised at how quickly you can get a new smile with veneers. After you and your dentist agree to a treatment plan, the next step is for your dentist to prep the surfaces of the teeth. A small amount of enamel has to be removed to make room for the veneers. A mold is taken of each tooth so that the veneers can be formed to fit your teeth. At the final appointment, the veneers are securely bonded and shaped to create your new, improved smile.
A Better Smile Thanks to Veneers
A more beautiful smile is just a phone call away. Call McLean Dental Care at (703) 734-0100 to discover how you can benefit from veneers.