Posts for tag: veneers
How veneers from your dentists in McLean, VA, can rejuvenate your smile
Unhappy with the state of your smile? Now, you can change it easily and quickly with the help of veneers!
Here at McLean Dental Care in McLean, VA, Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel D. Cappiello offer veneers to rejuvenate your smile—read on to learn more.
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are thin laminates of beautiful, sparkling porcelain that are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth to change the size, color, shape, and other aesthetic issues with your smile. They can also be applied in just two to three appointments, including a consultation. The speedy turn around time means you can have a brilliant smile just in time for a special event like a wedding or a reunion, when you want to look your best.
Veneers are the perfect choice to hide problems like these:
- Fracture lines or cracks from an injury or accident
- Chips or tooth wear from aging or bad habits
- Staining or discolorations from medications or lifestyle issues
Veneers can also minimize the appearance of gaps between teeth, tooth overlap, and tooth rotation. In fact, veneers are one of the most versatile dental services available. Versatility is only one of the many benefits of veneers—when you choose this cosmetic option, you will also enjoy:
- Natural beauty, because veneers are made of porcelain, which is light-reflective and looks just like natural tooth enamel
- Long-lasting durability, because porcelain resists stains, so your smile will stay sparkling for years
- Conservative treatment, because little to no tooth structure is removed, just enough to compensate for the thickness of the veneers
To view amazing before and after photos of McLean Dental Care patients, please visit the Smile Gallery page on the website at http://www.mcleandentalcare.com/smile-gallery.html
To learn more about veneers and our other cosmetic dentistry services, call Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel D. Cappiello of McLean Dental Care in McLean, VA, at (703) 734-0100. Call now, and enhance your smile!
Discover the many ways that veneers can give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
Here in McLean, VA, our dentists Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel Cappiello pride themselves on providing the very best dental care to patients of all ages. If you are an adult who is dealing with cosmetic imperfections that leave you hiding your smile then it’s time to talk to us about how dental veneers could benefit you.
What is a dental veneer?
A veneer is a very thin piece of porcelain that mimics the look and translucency of real tooth enamel. This porcelain shell is permanently bonded to the front of each tooth to alter its appearance and improve the overall shape, size and color of your smile. Veneers are great if you are dealing with multiple or more widespread cosmetic flaws. For examine, porcelain veneers may be a great option if you are looking to cover,
- Chips and cracks
- Severe discolorations
- Gaps between teeth
- Slightly crooked or misaligned smiles
- Misshapen or malformed teeth
- Teeth that are worn down
As you can see, dental veneers can hide a wide range of aesthetic problems to give you a more beautiful smile. In fact, simply getting veneers from our McLean, VA, cosmetic dentists could actually give you a straighter smile in just a couple of visits without ever needing to get braces. We find that veneers are a great option for many adults dealing with small gaps between teeth or minor crowding.
What is involved in getting veneers?
In as little as two visits to our office, you could get a new and improved smile thanks to veneers. During your first visit, we will prep your teeth so they are ready to receive your veneers. To do this, we will need to remove a small amount of enamel from the front of your teeth. Don’t worry; you won’t feel a thing. From there, impressions of your teeth are taken and then a dental lab will receive the information necessary to create your veneers.
During your second visit, we will place the veneers. We will check the fit of your veneers and your bite before permanently bonding them to your teeth.
If you want to feel more confident with your smile and are looking to get cosmetic dentistry then call our office today at (703) 734-0100 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gyllenhoff or Dr. Cappiello. McLean Dental Care in McLean, VA can help you get the smile you want.
How Can Veneers Help My Smile?
Porcelain veneers can give you the smile you've always wanted. Veneers are ultra-thin, custom-made shells that are placed over the front part of the teeth. Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel Cappiello of Mclean Dental Care, which is located in McLean, VA, offer veneers to their patients. Read on to find out how veneers can help your smile.
1. Whiten Your Smile- Tobacco use, certain medications, and pigments from certain foods and beverages can cause stains on your teeth. Porcelain veneers can give you the bright-white smile you've always wanted. Unlike, tooth enamel, dental veneers resist stains remarkably well.
2. Close Tooth Gaps- A diastema is a gap between the teeth. This condition affects people of all ages. These spaces can form anywhere in the mouth. Porcelain veneers are routinely used to close gaps between teeth. These porcelain shells fit over the surface of your teeth to create an evenly-spaced smile.
3. Restore Chipped Teeth- Porcelain veneers are used to restore teeth that are chipped, cracked, or broken. They can cover them and restore their appearance and function. A porcelain veneer covers the front of the tooth with a thicker section to replace the broken part of the tooth.
4. Strengthen Teeth- Porcelain veneers are incredibly strong and durable. They provide strength comparable to tooth enamel. Veneers can protect and strengthen your worn-down teeth. This is possible due to the durable material that composes veneers as they cover your teeth.
Ready for a smile makeover? Start your journey today! Call Mclean Dental Care at (703) 734-0100 today to schedule a dental consultation in McLean, VA. Veneers have helped millions of people improve their smiles, boosting their self-esteem, and changing their lives. And they can do the same for you!
Want a more beautiful smile?
Your McLean, VA, dentists, Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel Cappiello, have a great solution that's both cost-effective and time-saving. If you're interested in finding out more about veneers and how they can help you, then you've come to the right place!
What's the process like?
Veneers are porcelain shells that have color stability, which means they are resistant to staining.
This is what the process is like:
- The dentist will examine your teeth and make sure you have no severe issues, like cavities, that may need to be treated first. Then they will assess whether veneers are right for you.
- If you're a good fit, the doctor will first have a “wax up” prepared by the lab on models of your teeth to use as a guide for the restoration. This is a permanent procedure, so make sure veneers are something you are comfortable with. The enamel is then prepared so the veneers align properly with the rest of your natural teeth or other veneers that will be installed as well. You will leave the office with temporary veneers in place and will get the permanent veneers in about two weeks.
Who needs veneers?
Think of veneers as a resurfacing process. Your McLean doctor eliminates the flaws ruining your smile. Here are some examples of what veneers can cover:
- Dents, grooves, cracks and fractures found on the surface of your teeth that may have been caused by injury or wear, for example.
- Slight gaps, overcrowdedness, and crooked and misshaped teeth can be fixed. These issues can simply be hereditary, but cause issues with bite and chewing function.
- Discoloration and stains can be removed to give you a brighter smile. Discoloration could be due to age or other factors like smoking or drinking tea and coffee.
How to care for veneers?
Porcelain veneers are strong, but it's important to take proper care of them. Brushing and flossing are essential, and don't skip your bi-yearly exam with your doctor.
Veneers are a great way to improve the appearance of your smile, so call your McLean, VA, dentist today!
What's an actor's most important feature? According to Vivica A. Fox, whose most recent big-screen role was in Independence Day: Resurgence, it's what you see right up front.
"On screen, your smile and your eyes are the most inviting things that bring the audience in" she said. "Especially if you play the hot chick."
But like lots of people, Vivica reached a point where she felt her smile needed a little help in order to look its best. That's when she turned to a popular cosmetic dental treatment.
"I got veneers years ago," Ms. Fox told Dear Doctor magazine in a recent interview, "just because I had some gapping that probably only I noticed."
What exactly are dental veneers? Essentially, they are thin shells of lustrous porcelain that are permanently attached to the front surfaces of the teeth. Tough, lifelike and stain-resistant, they can cover up a number of defects in your smile — including stains, chips, cracks, and even minor spacing irregularities like the ones Vivica had.
Veneers have become the treatment of choice for Hollywood celebs — and lots of regular folks too — for many reasons. Unlike some treatments that can take many months, it takes just a few appointments to have veneers placed on your teeth. Because they are custom made just for you, they allow you to decide how bright you want your smile to be: anywhere from a natural pearly hue to a brilliant "Hollywood white." Best of all, they are easy to maintain, and can last for many years with only routine care.
To place traditional veneers, it's necessary to prepare the tooth by removing a small amount (a millimeter or two) of its enamel surface. This keeps it from feeling too big — but it also means the treatment can't be reversed, so once you get veneers, you'll always have them. In certain situations, "no-prep" or minimal-prep veneers, which require little or no removal of tooth enamel, may be an option for some people.
Veneers aren't the only way to create a better smile: Teeth whitening, crowns or orthodontic work may also be an alternative. But for many, veneers are the preferred option. What does Vivica think of hers?
"I love my veneers!" she declared, noting that they have held up well for over a decade.