Do you want stronger teeth? Cosmetic fillings, also called tooth-colored fillings, can reinforce your smile and make it strong once more! Cosmetic fillings are used to treat cavities and repair damaged teeth. Led by Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel Cappiello, McLean Dental Care located in Mclean, VA offers a full range of dental services—keep reading to find out how tooth-colored fillings can help you!
Common Issues That Can Be Treated By Fillings
1. Fix Worn-Down Teeth- Teeth are worn down by brushing overly aggressively, eating foods that have a high acid content, and bruxism (i.e. grinding your teeth). To repair and strengthen these teeth, dentists use fillings, as they are incredibly strong.
2. Restore Decayed Teeth- Cavities, also called tooth decay, are holes in the teeth, and their causes include drinking an excess of sugary beverages, frequent snacking, and bad oral hygiene. Left untreated, tooth decay can cause infection and tooth pain.
3. Repair Broken Teeth- Breaking a tooth is a common phenomenon generally brought on by a sports injury, general accident, or from biting something so hard that it causes a tooth to crack or chip. In these cases, fillings will make your broken teeth whole and healthy again.
4. Restore Function of Teeth- Cosmetic dental fillings restore full function to your weak or damaged teeth, as they are strong enough to withstand biting and chewing forces. With cosmetic fillings, you will be able to eat in comfort and with confidence.
5. Exceptional Durability- Dental fillings may last many years, but eventually, they need to be replaced. However, due to new technology, today's dental filling materials have been substantially improved and are much longer lasting. Tooth-colored dental fillings typically last years before requiring replacement.
If you need dental fillings, why wait? We can help you today! Call McLean Dental Care at (703) 734-0100 right now to schedule a dental appointment in Mclean, VA. We want all of our patients to have strong, healthy smiles that look great, too!