Want a more beautiful smile?
Your McLean, VA, dentists, Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel Cappiello, have a great solution that's both cost-effective and time-saving. If you're interested in finding out more about veneers and how they can help you, then you've come to the right place!
What's the process like?
Veneers are porcelain shells that have color stability, which means they are resistant to staining.
This is what the process is like:
- The dentist will examine your teeth and make sure you have no severe issues, like cavities, that may need to be treated first. Then they will assess whether veneers are right for you.
- If you're a good fit, the doctor will first have a “wax up” prepared by the lab on models of your teeth to use as a guide for the restoration. This is a permanent procedure, so make sure veneers are something you are comfortable with. The enamel is then prepared so the veneers align properly with the rest of your natural teeth or other veneers that will be installed as well. You will leave the office with temporary veneers in place and will get the permanent veneers in about two weeks.
Who needs veneers?
Think of veneers as a resurfacing process. Your McLean doctor eliminates the flaws ruining your smile. Here are some examples of what veneers can cover:
- Dents, grooves, cracks and fractures found on the surface of your teeth that may have been caused by injury or wear, for example.
- Slight gaps, overcrowdedness, and crooked and misshaped teeth can be fixed. These issues can simply be hereditary, but cause issues with bite and chewing function.
- Discoloration and stains can be removed to give you a brighter smile. Discoloration could be due to age or other factors like smoking or drinking tea and coffee.
How to care for veneers?
Porcelain veneers are strong, but it's important to take proper care of them. Brushing and flossing are essential, and don't skip your bi-yearly exam with your doctor.
Veneers are a great way to improve the appearance of your smile, so call your McLean, VA, dentist today!