Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
How veneers from your dentists in McLean, VA, can rejuvenate your smile
Unhappy with the state of your smile? Now, you can change it easily and quickly with the help of veneers!
Here at McLean Dental Care in McLean, VA, Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel D. Cappiello offer veneers to rejuvenate your smile—read on to learn more.
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are thin laminates of beautiful, sparkling porcelain that are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth to change the size, color, shape, and other aesthetic issues with your smile. They can also be applied in just two to three appointments, including a consultation. The speedy turn around time means you can have a brilliant smile just in time for a special event like a wedding or a reunion, when you want to look your best.
Veneers are the perfect choice to hide problems like these:
- Fracture lines or cracks from an injury or accident
- Chips or tooth wear from aging or bad habits
- Staining or discolorations from medications or lifestyle issues
Veneers can also minimize the appearance of gaps between teeth, tooth overlap, and tooth rotation. In fact, veneers are one of the most versatile dental services available. Versatility is only one of the many benefits of veneers—when you choose this cosmetic option, you will also enjoy:
- Natural beauty, because veneers are made of porcelain, which is light-reflective and looks just like natural tooth enamel
- Long-lasting durability, because porcelain resists stains, so your smile will stay sparkling for years
- Conservative treatment, because little to no tooth structure is removed, just enough to compensate for the thickness of the veneers
To view amazing before and after photos of McLean Dental Care patients, please visit the Smile Gallery page on the website at http://www.mcleandentalcare.com/smile-gallery.html
To learn more about veneers and our other cosmetic dentistry services, call Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel D. Cappiello of McLean Dental Care in McLean, VA, at (703) 734-0100. Call now, and enhance your smile!
If cracks, decay, or damage are keeping you from smiling, Dr. Cecilia Gyllenhoff and Dr. Samuel D. Cappiello of McLean Dental Care can get you grinning again with dental crowns. A strong and attractive solution to flawed teeth, crowns are a popular option for achieving your best smile—read on to learn more!
What is a crown?
A crown is a resin, ceramic, or metal cap that is permanently adhered to a damaged tooth, thus encasing any cracks or decay. The procedure restores the tooth's full functionality, as well as its original shape, size, and appearance.
Why might I need a crown?
Your McLean dentist may suggest a crown if you have any of the following issues:
- You have a cracked, chipped or worn down tooth
- You have a cavity which can't be properly filled
- You have undergone a root canal
- Your tooth is damaged or misshapen
- Your tooth is severely discolored
- You have a large filling that protrudes
What are the advantages of crowns?
- Improved appearance of your tooth
- A stronger, more functional tooth
- Easier chewing and brushing
- Better oral structure
How will my McLean dentist apply a crown?
Your dentist will first numb the tooth and its surrounding gum area in order to to reduce any pain that you may experience during your procedure. Using a specialized tool, they will then reduce the surface area of the tooth to accommodate the crown.
Next, your dentist will make an impression of your tooth (either manually with putty or digitally with a scanner) so as to make a true-to-size crown. A temporary crown will then be installed while the permanent piece is being constructed.
At your next visit, the new crown will be affixed to your tooth with a permanent adhesive. Additionally, your dentist will make sure that the crown is perfectly aligned and shaped properly for full comfort and functionality.
How I care for a crown?
With a crown, you can brush and floss like normal. Crowns are strong but not indestructible, so you will need to take care when biting particularly hard foods. As always, you should also see your McLean dentist for regular examinations and cleanings.
If your teeth could use a touch-up, call McLean Dental Care today at 703-734-0100.